Blackhawk Lacrosse Scholarship Guidelines
DEADLINE: TBD (Typically by end of March)
The Blackhawk Lacrosse Club Scholarship was established to support post-secondary educational opportunities for past and present players. The scholarship may be awarded to a graduating male and female lacrosse athlete from each of the Hanover County High Schools and one at-large school. The intent of the scholarship is to honor the respective athlete’s performance on the field as well as off the field as they give back to the Blackhawk Lacrosse program and/or the sport of lacrosse at large. The scholarship is a one-time award in the amount of $750 to full-time students attending a two-year or four-year college/university or a technical training trade school, apprenticeship, or continuing education. Scholarships will be provided to contribute to the athlete’s educational expenses.
To receive consideration, applicants must:
- be in good standing with their respective high school team and coach;
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on most recent grade transcript;
- be enrolled full-time during the upcoming academic year in a program leading to a two-year or four-year degree, apprenticeship, trade school, or continuing other education;
- have been an athlete participating in the Blackhawk Lacrosse program; and
- have preferably given back to Blackhawk Lacrosse through their volunteer service (strongly preferred).
Athletes must apply and supply all necessary information for the Blackhawk Lacrosse Scholarship Review Team to be in consideration. The award decision will be made by the Blackhawk Lacrosse Board of Directors.
The application may be found at the bottom of this page. All applications to be considered must be received no later than the deadline date above. The following items must be submitted to the Blackhawk Board at Scholarship@blackhawklacrosse.com.
- online application completed in full
- grade transcript through the first semester of 12th grade (does not have to be official)
- a letter of recommendation from the athlete’s high school lacrosse coach
The application and all supplemental materials must be received by the deadline indicated to receive consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Blackhawk Board will select the participants. The Blackhawk Board reserves the right to withhold the award if no applicants are deemed to meet the qualifications.
Once recipient(s) have been selected, a representative from the Board of Directors will notify the recipient of the award. The check will be issued to the recipient and presented during the annual Spring Senior Classic Lacrosse game in June (conditions permitting).